The DRC Pre-Trial Release program offers an alternative to incarceration as well as reducing the overcrowded jail population for non-violent offenders incarcerated at the Randolph County Jail. The Pre-Trial Release program also creates a significant cost reduction for the state and local government, a reduction in local taxes, as well as reserving jail and prison space for repeat and violent offenders.
The DRC Pre-Trial Release program provides a cost-effective alternative to the confines of jail in order to reduce the commitment rate in jails and prisons. The DRC Pre-Trial Release program provides close supervision, case management, and works in close coordination with the judges, district attorney, probation officers, area law enforcement and state agencies. A variety of services at no cost to the participant are provided to offenders to include: substance abuse assessments, Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Counseling in a group setting, individual counseling, weekly urine drug screens, CBI (Cognitive Behavioral Intervention) classes, employment enhancement opportunities, education services, and transportation to clients residing in Randolph County.
- To provide a structured supervision program for the Pre-Trial offender, which will
enable him or her to progress towards achievement and accomplishment.
- To ensure that the participant will appear for his/her scheduled court date.
- To promote prevention of any further crimes.
- To promote community safety.
- To create an environment for the offender to become a successful and productive citizen when reintegrated back into the community.