Board of Elections Banner



     State Board of Elections Link



For more campaign finance information, contact the Board of Elections by phone at 336.318.6900 or by email

Candidate Information


Election Date - Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Candidate Filing Information 



2020 Candidate Filing Dates

Federal, State and County Offices:
Monday, December 2, 2019 at noon – Friday, December 20, 2019 at noon

Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor:
Monday, June 8 at noon  Monday, July 6 at noon

Archdale Mayor and City Council:
Monday, July 6 at 8am - Friday, July 17 at noon

Please allow one hour to complete paperwork. Filing fees may be paid by check, cash or money order only.





Candidate Filing Forms  SBOE

2011 Redistricting Information



Campaign Finance Information

Who must file campaign reports?


Any candidate, referendum committee or political action committee as defined by NCGS §163-278.6 must register by filing the appropriate organizational forms.  Those persons filing Campaign Finance forms with the Randolph County Board of Elections are candidates for:

  • County Commissioners
  • Sheriff
  • Clerk of Superior Court
  • Register of Deeds
  • Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisors
  • Mayors and City/Town Council Members/Commissioner Members
  • Board of Education Members
  • Referendum committees and PACs influencing issues strictly within the confines of Randolph County register with the Randolph County Board of Elections

Where can I download Campaign Finance Forms?


Visit the NC State Board of Elections Website -


What forms must be filed?


The forms are varied, depending on the type of committee and the amount of committee expenditures and receipts. Most committees file a Statement of Organization, a Certification of Treasurer, a Certification of Financial Account Information and periodic financial Disclosure Reports. Those candidate committees with intentions of spending and/or receiving only $1,000 or less will file a Certification of Threshold in lieu of Disclosure Reports. 


Where should these forms be filed?


All forms and reports must be delivered either by manual delivery or postal service to the Randolph County Board of Elections, 158 Worth Street, Asheboro, NC 27203. If using the U.S. Postal Service, the use of certified mail is strongly recommended.