| ||Tobacco Corrective Statements |
A Federal Court has ordered Altria, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, Lorillard, and Philip Morris USA to make this statement about the health effects of smoking.
- Smoking kills, on average, 1,200 Americans. Every day.
- More people die every year from smoking than from murder, AIDS, suicide, drugs, car crashes, and alcohol, combined.
- Smoking causes heart disease, emphysema, acute myeloid leukemia, and cancer of the mouth, esophagus, larynx, lung, stomach, kidney, bladder, and pancreas.
- Smoking also causes reduced fertility, low birth weight in newborns, and cancer of the cervix.
A Federal Court has ordered Altria, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, Lorillard, and Philip Morris USA to make this statement about the addictiveness of smoking and nicotine.
- Smoking is highly addictive. Nicotine is the addictive drug in tobacco.
- Cigarette companies intentionally designed cigarettes with enough nicotine to create and sustain addiction.
- It’s not easy to quit.
- When you smoke, the nicotine actually changes the brain – that’s why quitting is so hard.
A Federal Court has ordered Altria, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, Lorillard, and Philip Morris USA to make this statement about the health effects of secondhand smoke.
- Secondhand smoke kills over 38,000 Americans each year.
- Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer and coronary heart disease in adults who do not smoke.
- Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at an increased risk for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), acute respiratory infections, ear problems, severe asthma, and reduced lung function.
- There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.
| ||2018 Randolph County Animal Shelter Adopted Pets Calendar |
The 2018 Randolph County Animal Shelter Adopted Pets Calendar is now available for purchase! Each calendar is $10, with all proceeds benefitting the Randolph County Animal Shelter. Calendars may be purchased at the Randolph County Health Department (2222-B South Fayetteville St, Asheboro, NC 27205) or the Randolph County Animal Shelter (1370 County Land Rd, Randleman, NC 27317). For additional questions, including shipping inquiries, please contact Laura Lambert by phone 336-318-6173 or email, email@example.com
| ||Partnership with Insight Human Services’ TASC |
The Randolph County Health Department dental clinic is happy to announce a new partnership with Insight Human Services’ TASC!
The RCHD dental clinic is available to all Randolph County adults for toothache/emergency visits but will now begin to provide expanded services to TASC program participants.
An initial appointment at the dental clinic for a TASC participant will include full mouth x-rays, an exam, creation of a plan to address all emergent/immediate dental needs, and information on cost effective dental clinics for complete care. To make an appointment, call 336-318-6220. When making the initial appointment, identify yourself as a participant in TASC to take advantage of the extended services.
The Health Department accepts Medicaid and has sliding scale fees for patients without Medicaid. To qualify for the dental clinic sliding scale, family income must be below 200% of the national poverty level. For those at the 0% scale, there is a minimum $30 office visit fee. We offer payment plans to those that cannot afford full fees on the day of treatment.
When you come to your first appointment, you will need to bring:
· Proof of TASC participation
· Medicaid card (if Medicaid eligible)
· Photo ID
o If you do not have a photo ID, please bring another identifying record, such as a Medicaid card, Medicare card, WIC wallet, recent paycheck, recent bill or statement, military card, or green card
· Proof of Randolph County residency
o Ex) Any item with your name and current address, such as bank statement, pay check stub, DMV license or ID, mortgage/rental agreement, or recent utility bill
· Proof of family income (income for self, partner or spouse, and any other immediate family member that contributes to household income)
o Ex) Current pay stub, signed statement from employer indicating gross earnings for a specified pay period, W-2, income tax return, or unemployment letter
| ||Animal Shelter Open House |