Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application
Review and Approval Process For Major Subdivisions
A major subdivision is defined as a division of property into more than three lots created for purposes of sale or building development. In most instances, a Major Subdivision will require rezoning into a classification other than Residential Agricultural (RA). Randolph County Growth Management policies require that County Planning staff maintain a formal review process for Major Subdivision proposals. The following is a list of the submittal and review process: .
- Complete the Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application and return to the Planning Department along with all information contained on the Requirements for a Preliminary Plat sheets. Once completed, the application form can be electronically submitted by clicking the "Submit application" button on the last page of the application. Other required documents can also be submitted electronically.
- In-office review of the application packet by the Deputy Zoning Administrator and the GIS Planner.
- Technical Review Committee meets and provides recommendations to developer who may or may not follow these recommendations unless the recommendations involve technical aspects of the submitted preliminary plat..
- Planning staff may meet the developer and surveyor on the site to discuss required and/or recommended changes from the Technical Review Committee.
- The developer or surveyor is notified of the cut-off for the revised plat and application fee payment.
- Revised plat and Application for Property Rezoning, along with fee, is submitted in the Planning Department.
- The Neighborhood Information Meeting for the request will be scheduled.
- The GIS Planner may provide the developer and/or the surveyor copies of the comments sheets submitted during the Neighborhood Information Meeting.
- The Technical Review Committee reviews comments and recommendations made during the Neighborhood Information Meeting and makes a recommendation to the Planning Board.
- The Planning Board Public Hearing (The Planning Board's decision is final unless appealed to the Board of Commissioners).
If you have questions about this process please call Tim Mangum, GIS Planner, at 318-6552.
*The Preliminary Plat/Subdivisions Application opens in Adobe® Acrobat format, which requires Acrobat Reader. Visit Adobe website at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to download current version.
Return to Planning and Zoning Home Page