Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application
Review and Approval Process For Major Subdivisions
A major subdivision is defined as a division of property into more than three lots created for purposes of sale or building development. In most instances, a Major Subdivision will require rezoning into a classification other than Residential Agricultural (RA). Randolph County Growth Management policies require that County Planning staff maintain a formal review process for Major Subdivision proposals. The following is a list of the submittal and review process: .
- Complete the Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application and return to the Planning Department with all information contained on the application form (ex. deed restrictions, maintenance agreements, permission from property owner, etc.).
- In-office review of the application packet by the Planner and Planning Information Specialist.
- Technical Review Committee meets and provides recommendations to developer who may or may not follow these recommendations.
- Planning staff will meet the developer and surveyor on the site. The required and/or recommended changes from the Technical Review Committee are reviewed. The developer is then notified of the cut-off for the revised plat and application fee payment.
- New plat and Application for Property Rezoning, along with fee, is submitted in the Planning Department.
- The Neighborhood Information Meeting for the request will be scheduled.
- The Technical Review Committee reviews comments and recommendations made during the Neighborhood Information Meeting. The Planner will provide additional recommendations to the developer and/or their representative based on Technical Review Committee review.
- The Planning Board Public Hearing (Recommendations to County Commissioners).
- The Board of Commissioners Public Hearing (Final authority on Rezoning).
If you have questions about this process please call Tim Mangum, Planning Information Specialist, at 318-6552.
Download/view the Preliminary Plat / Subdivision Application*
*The Preliminary Plat/Subdivisions Application opens in Adobe® Acrobat format, which requires Acrobat Reader. Visit Adobe website at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to download current version.
Return to Planning and Zoning Home Page