•The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to offer our Citizens Academy to any Randolph County resident who is interested in learning more about law enforcement operations and the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office. Our first session starts on October 1st, 2019 at 6:30p.m.
The goal of the Sheriff’s Citizen Academy is to improve our law enforcement/citizen partnership through education and participation.
Our Academy will present a wide range of topics and demonstrations similar to what your Sheriff’s Deputies receive. By presenting this program, we hope to provide a broad educational experience which will acquaint attending citizens with the mission of sheriff’s personnel and the requirements of law to which deputies must conform while carrying out their prescribed duties.
It is my belief that attendance and participation in the Academy will yield the following positive results:
• Citizens will be able to make more informed judgments about the Sheriff’s Office and law enforcement activities.
• The Sheriff’s Office will become more aware of the feelings and concerns of the community, as expressed by attending citizens.
• Citizens and Sheriff’s representatives will have an opportunity to discuss and debunk some of the traditional misconceptions generally harbored by both parties. Through open discussion of such suspicions and misconceptions, a more harmonious climate for relationships may be established.
The Academy will consist of nine sessions meeting once a week, on Tuesday evenings, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The majority of the classes will be held at the Emergency Services Headquarters (ESHQ), located at 760 New Century Drive Asheboro, NC 27025. *NOTE: Some classes will meet off campus. Download Schedule
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the application and return it to the Sheriff’s Office.
Membership in the Randolph County Sheriff’s Citizen Academy is open to all qualifying interested persons of the age of twenty-one (21) or older who meet the following requirements:
- Must not be convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor or have received a prayer for judgment for those two types of crimes.
- Must not have pending charges for a felony or serious misdemeanor.
- Must not currently be a defendant in an active civil litigation.
- Must not be a current or former member of any criminal gang or organization that advocates the overthrow of any local, state or federal government.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Any omissions or misrepresentation on this application will result in your application NOT being approved.
- Participants MUST be residents of Randolph County.
- Must participate in a four-hour ride-along.
- Must sign a Waiver and Release.
Deadline: Return applications no later than September 27, 2019 to:
Randolph County Sheriff’s Office
727 McDowell Road, Asheboro, NC 27205
Attention: Amanda Varner
***There is no cost to attend the Citizen's