Department of Social ServicesDepartment of Social Services

 1512 N. Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
Director: Tracie Murphy  email    |    Main # 336.683.8000    |    Privacy Practices
Child Abuse Hotline # 336.683.8200 email  |  Adult Protective Services Hotline # 336.683.8300  |  Fraud Hotline # 336.683.8198


Announcements  Current DSS Announcements


DUE TO COVID-19, DSS is not offering in-person services at this time. You may still apply by using e-Pass (see link on this page) or you may pick up a paper application at the entrance to the building at 1512 N. Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, NC. DSS Staff is still working to make sure you get the services needed. You can drop information or applications off at the drop box near the entrance, or send them electronically by email to your case worker. For more information call: (336) 683-8000 (Main Phone). Child Abuse reports are still being taken on our CPS Hot Line (336) 683-8200, or call 911 after normal business hours. Adult abuse reports are still being taken on our APS Hot Line (336) 683-8300, or call 911 after normal business hours.                       


                        Hawkins v. Cohen Notice
                        Hawkins v. Cohen Notice - Spanish

Our Mission

Serving by empowering, protecting, educating, and promoting stability.


Main Office
1512 N Fayetteville St.
Asheboro, NC 27203  Directions
Email DSS 


Archdale Office
402 Balfour Drive
Archdale, NC 27263 
Google Maps

Visit ePass portal, a quick & easy way for individuals & families to learn about & apply for available benefits and services.

Report Child Abuse


Social Services Programs Survey Link





Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS. Write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Write HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (202) 619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.


Clients have the right to free interpreter services. Los clientes tienen el derecho de los servicios de intérprete gratis.