Human Resources / Risk
Randolph County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an e-Verify Employer
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Maintains all employee records and files
- Advertises, screens, and refers qualified candidates for vacant positions
- Administers the employee benefit package including hospitalization, retirement, life, dental, cancer, accident, deferred compensation, etc.
- Maintains the classification and pay plan
- Conducts pay surveys
- Processes all human resources status forms and time sheets in order to meet payroll deadlines
In addition, Human Resources consults with department heads and supervisors concerning County policy, legal issues, disciplinary action, and other administrative areas such as FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ADA, etc. Information concerning employment opportunities, pay, and policies are maintained on the County website. Employees and supervisors are trained in the areas of policy and procedures such as performance evaluation, Unlawful Workplace Harassment / Discrimination, diversity, workplace violence, FMLA/FLSA/ADA compliance, etc.
New Employee Orientation sessions are conducted to educate the employee on County policies and risk management plans and procedures. Human Resources also acts as the first point of contact for employee questions and applicant information.
Risk Management activities include completing and analyzing auto, property and workers' compensation and accident reports to reduce risks, as well as on-site inspections, safety related classes, etc. Risk Management plays a part in developing the County Strategic Plan and facilitating the County Business Continuity Plan as well.