- Departments A through H
Register to Vote
Voter Registration Eligibility
You may register to vote in Randolph County if you are:
- A citizen of the United States.
- A person 18 years of age or older.
- A person 17 years of age who will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- A legal resident of Randolph County for at least 30 days before the date of the next election.
Randolph County has a permanent registration system. You need to register only if you have:
- Not previously registered in Randolph County
- Had your Randolph County registration canceled because you registered in another county or state.
- Had your Randolph County registration canceled because you were convicted of a felony and your citizenship rights have now been restored.
How to Submit a Voter Registration Application
Download and complete a North Carolina voter registration application. You may submit your application in person at the Randolph County Board of Elections office or by mail. To be eligible to vote in an election, your application must be received in person or postmarked by the 25th day before the election.
Update your Name or Address
You need to update your registration if you:
- Have moved to a different residence address within Randolph County.
- Have changed your name.
Download and complete a North Carolina voter registration application.
Change Your Political Party Affiliation
You may register with any political party recognized in the State of North Carolina. Party affiliation determines the primary in which a voter is eligible to vote. You may also register unaffiliated. If you do not declare a party, you will be registered as unaffiliated. During a partisan primary election, an unaffiliated Randolph County voter may choose to vote in a party's primary.
- You may change your party affiliation any time before the registration deadline, except between first and second partisan primaries.
- Download and complete a North Carolina voter registration application to change your party.
A voter registration card will be mailed to you once your registration application or update form has been processed. Keep the card. It tells you the location of your voting place and the districts in which you reside. You may use the card to change your address if you move within Randolph County or to change your name or party affiliation. If you move out of Randolph County, you may use the card to cancel your registration.
You may submit a voter registration application at any time. If you want to vote in the next election, you must submit your application by the 25th day before that election.
If mailed, the registration form must be postmarked at least 25 days prior to the election.
If hand-delivered, the registration form must be received at the Board of Elections office no later than 5 pm on the 25th day prior to the election.
Register to Vote in Person
Citizens may register to vote, make changes in registration, or obtain a mail-in registration form at the following locations in Randolph County:
- Board of Elections Office
1457 N. Fayetteville Street
Asheboro, NC 27203
- Public Libraries
- Drivers License Offices
- Public Assistance Agencies
- Agencies Serving Persons with Disabilities
- Public High Schools
- Various Town Halls