As of October 11, 2023, the Randolph County Detention Center is a 367-bed facility serving all of Randolph County's Law Enforcement Agencies. Both males and females are incarcerated at this facility from age 16 and up.
A jail expansion was approved to address inmate overcrowding and the ultimate need for additional, individual cells to better manage the inmate population. The expansion was completed under the direction of current Sheriff Greg Seabolt and the Randolph County Board of Commissioners. Once the renovations are complete, the expansion will increase the inmate capacity to 422, increasing the facility to 101,091 square feet.
Only properly labeled, prescribed medication will be accepted by the jail staff on behalf of anyone housed at the Randolph County Detention Center.
If you wish to provide money to someone currently incarcerated, mail a money order in the persons' name to the Detention Center's address. In addition to accepting money orders via U.S. Mail - Randolph County detention center now offers commissary through Kimble's Food by Design. Money may be deposited into inmates' accounts via a website Team3 Inmate Canteen or the automated Kiosk in the jail lobby. The kiosk accepts cash, credit/debit payments. Kimble's will collect a fee of $3 per cash transaction, or a 10% deposit transaction fee with a $3.25 minimum for each credit/debit card transaction. The kiosk is available for use 24 / 7.
Team3 Inmate Canteen allows money to be added to the inmates account with the use of a debit / credit card via the internet.
People booked into the Randolph County Detention Center have access to payphones managed by Paytel Communications from 10 am to 10 pm. No incoming calls are permitted. If you have problems receiving calls from the Detention Center, contact Paytel at 800-729-8355.
Effective December 1st, all non-legal inmate mail must be sent to the following address:
The envelope must include the Facility Name, Inmate Name, Inmate ID number, and the Facility ID or the mail will NOT be scanned. The Facility ID for the Randolph County Detention Center is 5165.
The envelope must have a complete, legible return address including the sender’s first and last name or the mail will NOT be scanned.
The sender is responsible for postage. Mail with insufficient postage will be refused.
MAIL & PHOTO REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- NO cash, personal checks, or money orders mailed to the mail processing center
- Mail must be 10 pages or less per envelope
- Page size must be no larger than 8.5” x 11”
- Mail can include written or typed pages, photos, drawings or greeting cards (NO Polaroid photos)
- NO glitter, glue, tape, 3D elements, or electronic components (lights, music, animation)
- NO items containing, depicting, or relating to sexually explicit activity, gang activity, illegal activity, violence, drug, or alcohol use, etc.
- NO photos of nude or partially clothed persons
- NO illegal substances or any other items considered to be contraband
- NO magazines, books, or packages mailed to mail processing center, NO publications of any kind.
- NO originals of important documents or photos such as Birth Certificates, Driver’s Licenses, Social Security Cards, Green Cards, etc., as they will not be returned
- Photos sent to an inmate via the Pay Tel Connect application are $0.25 per approved photo charged to the sender, not the inmate.
Mail meeting these requirements will be scanned and can be accessed by the inmate via the inmate tablet. Physical mail will be destroyed.
All scanned mail containing materials considered illegal or breaches of security will be turned over to the proper authorities for investigation. Any threats of criminal activity will not be permitted in any correspondence and may result in criminal charges.
LEGAL MAIL / PRIVILEGED MAIL / MONEY ORDERS:
Do not mail legal/privileged mail or money orders to the mail processing center.
Legal mail and money orders must be mailed directly to the facility. Legal mail must be marked on the envelope as “Legal Mail” and will be opened in the presence of the inmate.
Address legal mail and money orders as follows:
Randolph County Detention Center
Inmate Name, Inmate ID Number
811 New Century Drive
Asheboro, NC 27205
BOOKS / MAGAZINES / PACKAGES
NO books, magazines or packages are to be mailed to the above address. These items will be returned to sender.
SCANNED MAIL AFTER RELEASE:
After release, an inmate can request digital copies of his or her scanned mail. Submit the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request must include:
Randolph County Detention Center
Inmate Name, Inmate’s ID Number
Once the information is verified, an email with a link to download the postal scans will be sent to the email address provided in the request.
The fastest way to communicate with an inmate is by phone or messaging. The inmate communications provider is Pay Tel Communications. To set up an account with Pay Tel, visit www.paytel.com or call 1-800-PAY-TELL.