RANDOLPH COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS ACCEPTING PASSPORT APPLICATIONS
The Randolph County Register of Deeds Office is accepting passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports and have passport photographs taken at the Randolph County Register of Deeds by appointment only. This service is available Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the Register of Deeds Office, 158 Worth Street, Asheboro, N.C., with the exception of legal holiday closings. Passports are issued by appointment only. Contact (336) 318-6792 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins may be available but are not guaranteed.
All applicants submitting passport application Form DS-11 must:
- Appear in Person
- Submit proof of US Citizenship (certified birth certificate, expired passport, naturalization certificate)
- Submit proof of identity (driver's license, military ID, or other government issued ID)
- A recent 2"x2" high-quality photograph. Photos can be taken on site for a fee of $10 per applicant
- Please use this checklist to ensure all additional requirements for application are met.
- Routine Processing: Up to 8-11 weeks
- Expedited Processing: Up to 5-7 weeks (additional fees apply)
- Visit the US Department of State website for common questions, application status, and general travel tips.
- Randolph County Register of Deeds (Shaw Building)
158 Worth Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
(336) 318-6792 / email@example.com
Hours of Passport Acceptance: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday (federal holidays not included)
- For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and a wealth of passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information: travel.state.gov
- For an appointment or more information, call the Randolph County Register of Deeds Office at 336-318-6972.
- The Randolph County Register of Deeds does not process passport renewals. However, we can assist with passport renewal photographs.
- From Hwy. 64 - Turn north onto Cox Street between Dunkin Donuts and Hardees. Follow Cox street to the intersection of Worth Street and turn left at the stop light. The Shaw Building is on the left.
- From Hwy 220 by-pass: Take the Asheboro (Hwy. 42) exit to your left. At the top of the exit turn east onto Salisbury Street (northbound traffic must go straight across at the top of the ramp to the next light). Go to the stop light where Salisbury Street intersects with N. Fayetteville Street and turn right. Get into the left turning lane to turn left onto Worth Street. The Shaw Building is on the right.
ABOUT RANDOLPH COUNTY GOVERNMENT: Randolph County Government exists to elevate the everyday lives of citizens through providing quality, essential services. Services areas include; general government, public safety, economic and physical development, environmental protection, human services, and cultural and recreational services. Randolph County was ranked 14th on the 2022 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America list by Healthiest Employers®. For more information on Randolph County Government visit, www.randolphcountync.gov. For regular updates follow Randolph County Government on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.